Teacher Training Program (TTP)
The purpose of the Teachers Training Program (TTP) is to thoroughly acquaint practitioners with selected philosophical themes, to deepen their knowledge and understanding, and to train them as qualified New Kadampa teachers. All teachers of the Kadampa Centres participate in the study and practice of this intensive program.
The study program consists of the twelve following topics, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and their respective commentaries by the Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
The twelve study books
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path
- Mind Training, based on Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- Heart Sutra, based on the Heart of Wisdom
- A Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on Meaningful to Behold
- The Mind, based on Understanding the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on Clear Light of Bliss
- The Moral Discipline of a Bodhisattva, based on The Bodhisattva’s Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on The Great Treasury of Merit
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of the Secret Mantra, based on Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practise of Herukas Body Mandala, based on Essence of Vajrayana
Gen Losang Kelsang is the resident teacher of both Kadampa Meditation Centre Switzerland and Kailash International Retreat Centre.
He was ordained as a Buddhist monk in 1983, spent several years in retreat under the guidance of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, and later taught Kadam Dharma in many countries including Mexico, California, Taiwan and many countries in Europe. He is lovingly regarded by his students for his insightful teachings and serves as an inspiration through his devoted practice.
The TTP course fees are CHF 105.00 a month paid throughout the whole year.
Or CHF 120.00 for a TTP Plus card where General Program classes, day courses and unguided retreats at KMC Switzerland are included.
7.00 – 7.30pm Preparatory Prayers
7.30– 8.30pm Teaching with Gen Losang Kelsang
8.30 – 9.00pm Group discussion with concluding prayers
Attendance requirements of Teacher Training Program
- to study and memorize the essential points of each subject
- to sit the examination at the end of each book
- to attend the TTP retreats
A subscription for this program is required. Please contact the Education Program Co-ordinator for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teacher Training Program takes place at Kadampa Meditation Center Switzerland in Zürich Altstetten.
Kadampa Meditation Centre Switzerland
+41 (0) 44 461 33 88