Teacher Training Program (TTP)
The purpose of the Teachers Training Program (TTP) is to thoroughly acquaint practitioners with selected philosophical themes, to deepen their knowledge and understanding, and to train them as qualified New Kadampa teachers. All teachers of the Kadampa Centres participate in the study and practice of this intensive program.
The study program consists of the twelve following topics, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and their respective commentaries by the Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
The twelve study books
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path
- Mind Training, based on Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- Heart Sutra, based on the Heart of Wisdom
- A Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on Meaningful to Behold
- The Mind, based on Understanding the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on Clear Light of Bliss
- The Moral Discipline of a Bodhisattva, based on The Bodhisattva’s Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on The Great Treasury of Merit
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of the Secret Mantra, based on Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practise of Herukas Body Mandala, based on Essence of Vajrayana
Gen Kelsang Devi is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center Switzerland as well as Kailash International Retreat Center in Törbel (Valais) and a modern Buddhist nun. She is a senior teacher of the New Kadampa Tradition having studied and practiced Kadampa Buddhism for 20 years under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
During this time Gen Devi has engaged in extensive silent meditation retreat and has also taught and skilfully guided numerous group retreats around the world. Gen Devi’s experience makes her teachings and guidance in retreats very powerful, clear and practical. Her joyful warmth and humour make them accessible to everyone. She is an inspiring example of modern Buddhism in practice and is dedicated to helping everyone find peace in their minds through the experience of meditation and to use Buddha’s timeless teachings to discover real happiness in modern life.
The TTP course fees are CHF 105.00 a month paid throughout the whole year.
Or CHF 120.00 for a TTP Plus card where General Program classes, day courses and unguided retreats at KMC Switzerland are included.
7.00 – 7.30pm Preparatory Prayers
7.30– 8.30pm Teaching with Gen Kelsang Devi
8.30 – 9.00pm Group discussion with concluding prayers
Attendance requirements of Teacher Training Program
- to study and memorize the essential points of each subject
- to sit the examination at the end of each book
- to attend the TTP retreats
A subscription for this program is required. Please contact the Education Program Co-ordinator for further information: email@example.com
The Teacher Training Program takes place at Kadampa Meditation Center Switzerland in Zürich Altstetten.
Kadampa Meditation Centre Switzerland
+41 (0) 44 461 33 88